Who We Are
To be a place of presence, encounter, and transformation – where people experience God, encounter His love and power, uncover their truest identities, learn to live supernaturally, and are empowered to fulfill their highest calling.
To be and grow people of presence and purpose who know and live in union with God, carry encounters, and transform the world.
Overlooking Pikes Peak, Prayer Mountain, CO is dedicated to hosting the manifest presence of God. The heart of the ministry is practicing His presence through day and night worship and prayer in our Encounter Room. From this place of encounter, we cultivate a lifestyle of deep intimacy with Him. Walking as one, we experience His power and supernaturally expand His kingdom.
Currently located at the Old Church Square building in Woodland Park, Prayer Mountain, CO is a sacred place where the tangible presence of God rests and people regularly come apart from their daily routine to commune with God and be transformed and refreshed in His presence. While not a church in the traditional sense, we do gather together through various rhythms of daily, weekly, and monthly gatherings to support one another in our pilgrimage toward Christlikeness. The work of our ministry includes:
- Hosting the presence of God through day and night worship and prayer.
- Worshipping extravagantly and joyfully in the secret place with prophetic song, the arts, and expression in dance.
- Praying Spirit inspired prophetic prayers from a position of oneness with Christ and training others to do the same.
- Living holy, spiritually disciplined, fasted, and healthy lifestyles that are empowered grace and led by Holy Spirit.
- Moving beyond simply going to Church to being the Church by redefining the term missionary to include every member of the Body of Christ and the term mission field as the world outside your front door.
- Building a community of believers that are committed to laying down their lives for God, each other, and His Kingdom agenda.
- Making disciples of Jesus that impact every sphere of society – family, education, government, economy, arts, media, religion, etc.
- Ministering wholeness to all – spirit, soul, and body – in the power of the Spirit.
- Proclaiming and demonstrating the gospel of the Kingdom as a "right-now" reality that exists inside every believer.
- Discipling nations to live from a Kingdom paradigm and a New Covenant understanding of God's goodness, mercy, grace and love.
- Teaching people to hear the voice of God and operate in the gifts of the Spirit.
- Equipping the Church to live the great commandment and fulfill the great commission.
- Empowering the Body of Christ to live in their true identity as sons of God, the Bride of Christ, and the Body of Christ supernaturally fulfilling their highest callings in Christ.
- Training believers to work miracles in His name as a normal expression of their Christianity.
- Winning the lost, healing the sick, serving the poor, visiting the prisoner, and caring for orphans and widows.
- Being the light of the world in the darkest places and displacing counterfeits like the occult and new age practices with the power of the Spirit.
Prayer Mountain, CO’s ultimate vision is to purchase a substantial piece of mountain property near Pikes Peak and build a world-class prayer and fasting resort, spa and training center there. We envision the entire property to be designed around spectacular mountain views so the outdoors and the majesty of America’s mountain is integrated into the Prayer Mountain, CO spiritual experience.
The inspiration for the facility can be found within the pages of the Holy Bible where people like Abraham, Moses and Jesus Christ were all led to fast and pray, or as in the case of Moses, spend a prolonged period in the mountain wilderness to wait on God and to seek His will. In the case of Jesus Christ, prayer was a regular feature of his ministry.
"And it was at this time that Jesus went off to the mountain to pray, and He spent the whole night in prayer to GOD." – Luke 6:12
The Gospel of Mark includes nine times (Mark 1:9-13; 1:35; 1:45; 3:13; 6:30-32; 6:45-46; 9:2-13; 14:12-31; 14:32-42) where Jesus took a spiritual retreat either along with the Father or with his disciples. Jesus understood the importance of maintaining his living connection with the Father as the source of His power and ability to bear eternal fruit for the kingdom. The examples from Mark show that Jesus could not have gone to the cross or risen from the dead without his continual, deep abiding in the Father's love. He could not have carried out his world-transforming ministry without a profound lifestyle of communion with God.
We anticipate a day when Prayer Mountain, CO will be so saturated with the manifest presence of God that people are overwhelmed with encounters of God and open heaven experiences during their stay with us. The first fruits of this are already appearing. Testimonies of heavenly encounters, supernatural healings, and radical transformation occur on a regular basis as people sit in the presence of God and participate in one of the many ministries now in operation at Prayer Mountain which include:
- The Encounter Room – With a vision for day and night worship and prayer that is operating around the clock, today the Encounter Room is open Monday through Saturday. Each day is divided into prayer and worship sets that vary in format such as live worship, corporate prayer, and soaking worship.
- Encounter Ministries – A variety of ministries that facilitate encounters with God including Sozo Inner Healing Ministry, Healing Prayer, Prophetic Ministry, Nature Encounters, Prophetic Massage, Prophetic Portrait Photography, and Prophetic Art. Currently encounter ministries are scheduled by appointment at (719) 286-0084.
- Encounter Weekends – Monthly weekend retreats held at Prayer Mountain, CO. The weekend is led by Schlyce Jimenez and various guest speakers and are designed to usher people into deeper intimacy with God.
- Supernatural Boot Camps – Held monthly to help people develop a supernatural lifestyle. Topics include healing, prophetic worship and prayer, signs & wonders, supernatural evangelism, and the prophetic.
- Creation Sciences Academy – A K-12 private Christian school operated by Prayer Mountain, CO.
- Emerge School of Transformation – A school of transformation that is centered around a 40-week commitment to transformation. The curriculum is focused on the three primary topics of identity, destiny, and leadership.
- Prayer Mountain Missionaries – Many of those who serve full-time at Prayer Mountain are called as missionaries that raise their own support to serve full-time at Prayer Mountain, CO. Missionaries serve in a variety of roles but all are dedicated to living a supernatural lifestyle that is fueled by encounters with God and day and night worship and prayer. Our missionaries serve at least forty hours a week, and they go from the encounter room, to the classroom, them to ministry outreach and various works of service.
- Prayer Mountain Interns – The internship program supports the interns that raise their own support while dedicating one year of their life to entering into a season of separated consecration to the Lord. Our interns serve at least forty hours a week, and they go from the encounter room, to the classroom, them to ministry outreach and various works of service.
- Outreach & Evangelism – Our evangelism and outreaches serve the surrounding Pike Peak communities in a variety of ways. Led by Prayer Mountain, CO missionaries and interns, they are as varied as the personalities that lead them. The focus is on reaching the lost, serving the poor, visiting the orphans, widows, and prisoners, and other acts of love that touch people with the heart of God.